|| MIDLAND & WEST SECTION
- The Midland and West Section of
the National Auricula and Primula Society was established in 1900
under the name Midland Auricula Society. The later change of name reflected
the growing interest in other members of the primula family.
- The Society is affiliated to the Royal Horticultural
- The annual subscription is £8.00 for UK single or family membership
and £10.00 for overseas single or family membership.
- On joining new members are given a 17 page
Members Handbook which contains essential information about the Society, including
rules and show venues and a host of other useful information, the Society's Beginners Guide to Auriculas plus lists of suppliers of plants and information about Auriculas and Primulas.
- Members receive an A5 yearbook usually of 80 or more pages, entitled
"Argus" , containing show results, articles, colour and black & white
illustrations. The Society's annual Newsletter appears in the Spring
and contains information about the Shows and other events, also the arrangements for the AGM/Symposium.
Free DHTML scripts provided by
The yearbook "Argus"
has reached issue 64|
(95 pages of information, articles, show results and pictures).
Congratulations to Kathy Niblett our Editor
on another excellent edition.
- Members have free entry to the three main annual shows. There is a Primula
Show in March at Knowle (near Birmingham, West Midlands), the West of England
Primula & Auricula Show at Saltford (between Bristol and Bath) and the
major Midland Auricula Show at Knowle, held in April.
- An all day Autumn Symposium is held in conjunction with
the Annual General Meeting also at Knowle (near Birmingham, West Midlands). At this meeting two illustrated
lectures are presented by reputable speakers.
- Plant sales are held at all shows and the AGM.
- Local groups meet regularly in the East Midlands and West Midlands.
The West Midlands Group organises two local shows, a Primula Show and an Auricula Show, staged in March and April.
- The Society publishes a series of low priced Society
Alpine Auriculas a classified list
Auricula Theatres and Stages
Judging Auriculas and Gold-Laced Polyanthus.
Raising New Varieties of Auriculas
Show Auriculas a classified list
Exhibition Checklist of Primulas and
Continental Auriculas, a History.
- The Midland and West Section runs its own seed exchange.
Member's Seedlist available during January of each year.
Applications for membership of the N.A.P.S. Midland
& West Section should be made to
The Honorary Secretary, Neil Tyers, 6 St. David's Crescent, Coalville, Leicestershire, LE67 4SS. United Kingdom.
Telephone: 01530 810522
For your convenience a Membership Application Form is provided.
Members may renew their Membership for 2018
with the Membership Renewal Form
which should be sent to the Treasurer (see form for address).
(Use the back button on your browser to return)
Back to Homepage